Stop out to one of the top shows in the United States, the Gem, Mineral, Fossil & Jewelry Show in the Greater Detroit area! This annual show has been around for 70 years and will be in the area in October.
Hosted by the Michigan Mineralogical Society, who have been around since1935 keeping the education of minerals, fossils, gems, geology, and earth science alive, the event is still highly anticipated event to this day. Here is what you can expect for the weekend:
- Incredible displays from private collectors, top museums in the nation, and the Michigan Mineralogical Society members
- Huge collection from some of the nation's top supplies displaying their fossils, jewelry, minerals, gems, cutting rough, lapidary supplies, and beads \
- A place to meet with other hobbyists, collectors, and a place to get a unique gift
The theme for the displays is "Prospector's Showcase" and the displays will be featuring:
- The Cincinnati Museum
- The University of Toledo
- Crankbrook Institute of Science
- Wayne State University
- University of Waterloo
- A.E. Seaman Museum
- Bancroft, Ontario Mineral Museum
- Smithsonian Institute
- Tellus Museum in Georgia
- University of Michigan
Dealers will be there from J Thomas Jewelers, Amber America, The Mineral House, and many more!
Where and When?
This once a year show will be held at the South Macomb Community College Expo Center in Building P. This is located at 12 Mile & Hayes in Warren, Michigan.
The event is Friday, October 10th from 9am-6pm, Saturday, October 11th from 10am-6pm, and finishing up on Sunday, October 12th from 11am-5pm.
What does admission cost?
While parking is free, admission for adults is $8, kids 5-17 years are $4, and seniors are $5.
Don't miss this top national show at the South Macomb Community College in October that will kick off National Earth Science Week.